Children’s Advocacy Centers of VA is an Accredited Chapter through National Children's Alliance
The mission of Children's Advocacy Centers of Virginia (CACVA) is to promote and support the development, growth and continuation of Child Advocacy Centers (CAC) and multidisciplinary teams across the state in their service to child victims of abuse and neglect.
CACVA is a membership organization dedicated to helping local communities respond to child maltreatment in ways that are effective and efficient, and most important of all, ensuring that the child victim's needs are met. Formed in 2002, CACVA provides support, technical assistance, and training for Virginia’s CAC’s and serves as a resource for communities looking to develop CAC’s or MDT’s.
Our member Children’s Advocacy Centers:
- Virginia has 15 CAC’s and 1 satellite in communities throughout Virginia
- Twelve centers and the satellite center are accredited through the National Children’s Alliance
- 3,944 new children were served in Virginia’s children’s advocacy centers in 2014
- CAC’s in Virginia provided services to 4,180 children in 2014
A children’s advocacy center is a child-friendly facility in which law enforcement, child protection, prosecution, mental health, medical and victim advocacy professionals work together to investigate abuse, help children heal from abuse, and hold offenders accountable.
Chapter Membership benefits:
· Quarterly Network meetings and calls
· Coordination of information exchange
· Connection and coordination of information from NCA, SRCAC and others
· Create awareness among professionals and communities about CAC’s
· Guidance in program development and enhancement to meet accreditation standards
· NCA Accreditation/Re-accreditation assistance and support resources
· Support in service area expansion or new CAC development
· Support in developing operational policies or procedures for organization efficiency and effectiveness
· OMS coordination and support
· Consultation for issues such as:
o Team development/problem solving
o Board development/concerns
o Crisis management
· Annual conference
· Topic specific trainings such as MDT, CF updates, etc.
· Regional FI Peer Review
· New Director orientation
Advocacy and Awareness
· State level legislative representation, liaison, and bill monitoring
· Representation of CAC’s to other state agencies
· Promotion of CAC’s through website based directory
· NCA Grant administration for accredited centers
CACVA is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization governed by a Board of Directors. CACVA office is located in Bristol, VA and can be reached at 276-644-3371 or P.O. Box 16834, Bristol, VA 24209.